Lunch with David Turner

Today I had a great lunch with an old friend. David Turner and I met for the first time in nearly 30 years. It was a lot like my dinner awhile back with Tim O’Reilly, whom I had not seen in 32 years. The years fell away almost immediately, and I saw the familiar mannerisms and heard the voice of a friend I’ve thought about a lot (but had no contact with) for three decades.

David and I met to swap a set of DAT tapes that have recordings from the 1995 show at Dirty Jack’s Theater, “Gorgeous George at George's Gorge.” The short version of the story is that I will soon have clips of the music here on the blog. David wrote the music for the show, and he is enormously generous to allow me to publish clips.

Stay tuned…

Popular posts from this blog

Tom DeWester

Googling Dirty Jacks

Any Which Way You Can