A Simple Blues Song

I just finished posting a song to my website, a song I finished recording today. I started working on it last weekend but I didn't like the way it sounded, so today I redid it.

It is a a little semi-acoustic blues thing we call "Just Messin' 'Round" -- because that is pretty much how it started. [begin notes for gear geeks] The harp is played into two Shure SM58 vocal mics plugged straight into the recorder; no old bullet mics and no stinky tube amps, the gear I normally use to get the ragged Chicago tone. The guitar is an acoustic Epiphone with a Dean Markley pickup through a Korg ToneWorks DI box. I progammed the rhythm section on a Boss DR-880. [end notes for gear geeks]

This song is a bit of a departure from our usual Hard Blues style, but I had fun creating it and I like the way it sounds now. This is a lot like I sounded 30 years ago in Jackson Hole.

Please let me know what you think.

Just Messin' 'Round

Popular posts from this blog

Tom DeWester

Googling Dirty Jacks

Any Which Way You Can